The framing option for this RUN includes a 1 inch black wood frame with UV-glass foam core backing and ready to hang hardware.
1xRUN is proud to announce the inaugural Murals in the Market art festival! Featuring over 45 world-class local and international artists, Murals In The Market will transform Detroit’s Historic Eastern Market district into the epicenter of the city’s burgeoning public art movement with dozens of large scale murals created over nine days.
Featured artists include:
- 2501 - Askew - Beau Stanton - Brian Lacey - Denial - Ellen Rutt - Eugene Carland -
- Fel3000ft - Glenn Barr - Hannah Stouffer - Hebru Brantley - Hygienic Dress League -
- Jeff Soto - Jesse Kassel - Jonny Alexander - Kashink - Kobie Soloman - Kwest -
- Luke Chueh - Madsteez - Malt - Marlo Broughton - Martha Cooper - Maxx242 -
- Zak Meers - Meggs - Michelle Tanguay - Miss Van - Monica Canilao - Naturel - NNII -
- NoseGo - Ouizi - Persue - Rick Williams - Rone - Ryan Doyle - Shark Toof -
- Sydney G. James - Taylor White - Tead - Woes - Ron Zakrin and more...
This RUN comes signed, numbered and with a Certificate of Authenticity from Askew and 1xRUN.
ABOUT Askew One:
Askew is a multi-disciplinary artist mostly renowned for his graffiti art paintings. Widely regarded as one of the New Zealand graffiti scene’s driving forces, he has managed to remain at the forefront of the movement (both in New Zealand and throughout the world) whilst working tirelessly behind the scenes in a diverse array of projects.
Askew’s indoor canvas works are influenced by double exposure photography, bold illustrative lines reflective of comic books and the graphic power of the letter. This is also seen in his public mural works in which his attraction to ‘bigger is better’ is highly precedent.
With an abundance of achievements and experiences almost 20 years in the graffiti scene which include a guest artist invite to Primary Flight - Art Basel Miami and taking out two consecutive ‘Write 4 Gold’ world titles as part of TMD crew (who remain undefeated), Askew is also versed in graphic design, illustration, photography, publishing, music and moving image. A self-taught, self-sufficient one-man army with no formal art qualifications behind him, Askew is an artist schooled by life itself.